Join us, get connected, stay informed!
The Sierra College Microbiology Club was established during the spring semester of 2013 and approved as the Sierra College Student Chapter of the Northern California Branch of the American Society for Microbiology (NCASM) during the summer, 2013 conference of the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) held in Denver, Colorado. We are currently the only community college chapter of ASM in California
- Promote student interest and success in microbiology
- Improve quality of Sierra College microbiology programs within the district
- Promote community interest in microbiology and related sciences
- Assist microbiology students with academic goals and provide research opportunities
- Encourage student participation in local, state and national ASM meetings
Membership and Electorate
- "Active Club Members" are enrolled students in good standing with NCASM
- "Faculty Advisors" are Sierra College faculty members in good standing with NCASM
- "Associates" are volunteers in good standing with NCASM
- Officers shall include: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Public Relations
- Only "Active Club Members" can vote, and new officers shall be elected at the beginning of each semester
- To access a copy of our constitution, visit: Sierra Student ASM Constitution
Meeting Location and Time
- Regular weekly meetings are held in the Sierra College Natural History Museum (Sewell Hall, room 110).
- The current meeting time is Tuesday afternoons at 4:00.
- Meeting times are subject to change and are arranged to best accomodate member schedules.
- Students unable to attend meetings can still participate in the Sierra Student ASM.